- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime zest or 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 tsp. soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons grated peeled ginger
- 10 ounces of Big Eye tuna, minced
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced seeded red or green Thai or serrano chile
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted
- 4 radishes, from Amber Waves Farms, thinly sliced
- Chili oil, to taste
Combine lime zest, lime juice, sugar, and 2 Tbsp. water in a small saucepan. (Alternatively, pulse lime leaves and sugar in a spice mill until a coarse paste forms, then add to pan with juice and water.) Bring to a boil; remove from heat. Cover and let cool completely. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a medium bowl. Whisk in soy sauce, vinegar, and ginger to lime mixture to blend. Cover and chill.
Toss tuna with 1 Tbsp. olive oil in a medium bowl; add chile and shallot; season lightly with salt. Scoop avocado flesh into another medium bowl; mash with remaining 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Season with salt.
Divide avocado among small bowls. Top each with some tuna mixture, then 1/4 of the radish slices. Spoon dressing over avocado and drizzle radishes lightly with chili oil.
Serve & enjoy!