Time: 20 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
- 2 pounds cleaned squid, bodies left whole (tentacles optional), rinsed and dried
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 or 3 lemons
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic from Amber Waves Farm
- Amagansett Sea Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 cups arugula
- 3 or 4 shallots, thinly sliced (optional).
1. Start a charcoal or gas grill; fire should be quite hot, with rack no more than 4 inches from heat source. If using wood skewers, soak them thoroughly in water.
2. Toss squid with 2 tablespoons oil, juice of 1 lemon, garlic, salt and pepper. Let sit while grill heats, tossing occasionally. Skewer squid on parallel skewers to facilitate turning. When fire is hot, grill squid until nicely browned, turning once. Total cooking time will be about 5 minutes.
3. Toss greens with remaining olive oil, juice of 1 or 2 lemons (to taste), salt, pepper and shallots. Top with squid, drizzle all with a little more lemon juice and serve.